Physical restrictions need not keep us from exercise and yoga. Studies suggest that exercise and yoga can actually help ease muscle aches and rigidity associated with Parkinson’s and MS. This session is also suitable for those with restricted mobility- ie back or hip etc.
Physical postures in yoga will focus on building strength, flexibility strength and coordination specific to your needs. Yoga’s breathing and mindfullness techniques can help regulate your moods and mental well being.
My gentle mindful yoga approach will
- incorporate modifications and adaptations,
- connect movements in the postures to movement through daily activities.
- Enable breath awareness as a means to relaxation
- Bring an awareness and compassion to physical movements
- Assist in finding physical and mental balance.
Wednesday 9.30-10.30 am at Londesborough Lodge